The entire CDN Ecosystem continues to flourish, with new business models emerging, and CDNs of all sizes increasing sales, led by Akamai who recorded $2.2B in sales last year. The latest entrant to our industry is Cato Networks, and they have introduced a game-changing business model that’s a first of its kind. What do you get when you throw in Zscaler + Viptela + Next-Gen CDN into a blender? Cato Networks.
A lot more coming on this brand new and exciting business model. In other news, ClearSky Data tweaked its business model to focus more on storage, with their new tagline being “Global Storage Network that manages the entire data lifecycle”. In layman terms, that means they offer different tiers of storage – onsite, in their data center, and 3rd party cloud providers from the like of AWS, Azure, and so on.
CDN Ecosystem Updates
- Cato Networks: A very disruptive Edge Security business model
- Aryaka Networks: Moved them into the SD-WAN category. They are likely the leading SD-WAN vendor entering 2016 having closed 50 deals in one quarter not too long ago
- Tata CDN and HiberniaCDN moved into the niche category
- ClearSky Data: Updates their business model value prop, focusing on Global Storage market
- Wowza: Added them to the software category
- Lagrange Systems: Changed name to Webscale Systems
CDN Eco-Graph #5